Before an outpatient gets services at Iranian Hospital, patients should first stop at one of our registration sites. These registration sites are located on the ground floor of the Old Building main door from Al-Wasl Road, and Clinics Entrance in the New Building. Patient registration staff will enter your demographic and insurance information in our data base and provide you with a unique IHD patient record number(MRN) that can be used each time you visit the Hospital.
You must present a valid photo ID (like Emirates ID Card) or your passport for registration.
What To Bring if You are Admitted
You will only need to bring a few personal things for your hospital stay like reading materials, your dentures, eye glasses, contact lenses or hearing aids. Etc (if any). When not in use please keep these items in a safe place such as the bedside drawer.
You should bring a list of all the medications you are currently taking. DO NOT BRING ANY MEDICATIONS WITH YOU TO THE HOSPITAL UNLESS YOUR DOCTOR TELLS YOU TO DO SO. Patient’s gowns will be provided by the hospital.
What NOT to Bring
Please do not bring any valuables, jewelry, credit cards or large amount of money with you to the hospital. If you do have a family member or friend, let take them home for you. If this is not possible, a small safe is located in each room for valuables.
A battery powered radio, CD, or cassette player with headphones is OK, but you must assume responsibility for it and listen to headphones only.
The staff at the Iranian Hospital wants to give you the best quality healthcare. We know there is truly “no place like home”, so we have designed a program to make your discharge from the hospital as smooth as possible
Discharge Planning Team
Every member of your healthcare team will work with you plan your discharge Your nurse will work with you and the team to make sure that your discharge goes smoothly.
- Tell your nurse the type of transportation you have, or will need before going home.
- Give your nurse the name and phone number of your escort (the person who will be with you).
- Try to send flowers and personal belongings home in advance.
- Your nurse will give you instructions about your medications before you go home.
- Your doctor will write a prescription for your medication before you are discharged. You can get your prescription filled either at the IHD pharmacy or at the local pharmacy where you live.
- You will need to pay for these prescriptions with either your credit card or cash.
- We will work with you to arrange any special services or supplies you need at home.
- Please be prepared to settle your account at the time you are discharged.
On the Day of the Discharge
You will be told what time you can expect to be discharged, if you have arranged an escort, please have the escort arrive at the hospital one – half hour before your discharge time. If your have any question, please ask a member of your healthcare team. We wish you well and a smooth discharge. Please don’t forget to fill the feedback form available with the Patient Relations Officer. Your feedback is important to us to make the services even better.